Across each of our mentoring programs, we ensure mentoring matches are facilitated safely, efficiently and effectively by:
- Investing in best-practice recruitment, screening and assessment of volunteer mentors, including psychological testing.
- Providing ongoing training and support for mentors.
- Ensuring regular supervision of Bigs and Littles throughout the duration of the mentoring match.
- Establishing simple feedback loops for mentors, young people and their families / carers.
- Adhering to internationally recognised quality and safety standards protecting both the rights of the young person and the volunteer mentor.